The Organisation of Muslims in Hungary was founded by Muslims living in Hungary in order to practise their religion – Islam – according to the revelation of the Omnipotent and Only One God – Allah – i.e. the Quran, and according to the teachings of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him), the Messenger of God, i.e. the Sunnah.
The most important element of our faith is bearing witness of the oneness of God and the prophethood of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him). We believe in the omnipotence of God, in His angels, in His books and prophets, whose line was sealed by the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him). We believe in the Day of Judgement and in the fate, wether it is good or bad. Practical aspect of our faith is the complete, voluntary and conscious submission to God, and a lifestyle corresponding to that.
The aims of our Organisation are as follows:
- Promoting lifestyles in accordance with the pillars of faith.
- Encouraging interfaith dialogues.
- Let non-Muslim Hungarians know about Islam and Muslims.
- Strengthen the relationship of Muslims and non-Muslims in order to develope social and economic relations and contribute to the spreading of eminence and virtue in the Hungarian society.
- Give an opportunity for every Muslim
* to complete the five daily prayers in their prescribed time,
* to practise compulsory charity,
* to fast in every year in the Blessed Month of Ramadhan according to the rules,
* to be able to attend pilgrimage to Makkah once in his/her lifetime, if other conditions do not prevent him/her from doing so.
Achieving the aims listed above, the Organisation of Muslims in Hungary pursue religious, educational and welfare activity.
Please support our work!
Organization of Muslims in Hungary (Magyarorszagi Muszlimok Egyhaza)
IBAN number: HU28 1176 3055 3045 8884 000 000 (Euro account)
Name of bank: OTP Bank Ltd.,
Swift/BIC code: OTPV-HU-HB
Interjú Sulok Szultánnal